5 Reasons to Visit Puerto Vallarta this Fall
September 20, 2017
As the seasons transition from summer to fall, Puerto Vallarta enters one of its most exciting times of year with a host of activities and fun. Here are five reasons to visit Puerto Vallarta right now:
- Sports fans will enjoy the AMVP Volleyball Tournament, a thrilling beach volleyball competition featuring 100 teams of the best duos from the national ranking within the male and female branches. The tournament runs from Sept. 22-24.
- Foodies get ready to indulge in the Vallarta Nayarit Gastronomica, one of the year’s biggest culinary events. The region welcomes 34 world-renowned chefs (who boast 14 Michelin stars and 20 Soles Repsol among them) and 10 sommeliers for a feast of workshops, pairings, tastings, dinners and special events. The epicurean event runs Oct. 29-Nov. 1. For more information and tickets, visit Vallarta Nayarit Gastronomica. Then, November 10 – 19 brings the International Festival Gourmet to Puerto Vallarta where guest chefs from around the world will share kitchens with our own local chefs and participate in a whole roster of culinary experiences including tasting events, a safari gourmet, dine arounds and a gourmet village.
- If the sea is calling your name, fall is a great time to visit some of Puerto Vallarta’s beautiful beaches. The region has several picturesque playas to choose from, including Playa los Muertos, Playa Bucerías, Playa Chacala, Playa Mayto and Playa Careyesare.
- What’s hailed as the best Mexican Pacific fishing tournament returns to Riviera Nayarit on Oct. 18-21. The La Cruz International Sport Fishing Tournament attracts talented experts from around the world as they compete for cash prizes in four categories: Sail Fish, Marlin, Dorado and Tuna.
- Hacienda San Angel is opening a new Italian restaurant in October called La Cappella. Stay tuned for more information!